Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Zombie Apocolypse


Author’s note: 20 years into the future, zombies have taken over North America. Pay attention to the rich vocabulary.


“Zoe!! Zombie behind you!!” My best friend, and zombie hunting pal, Chad called to me.
I turned around quickly and swung my axe into the zombies head quickly, and smirked in satisfaction when the zombie fell to the ground.
“Thanks Chad.” I smiled at him.
“Welcome.” He said and picked up a health pack that was lying on the ground.
Oh, sorry, never really introduced myself did I? Well, name’s Zoe Chandler.  I am a survivor.
You see, the zombie apocalypse started in 2013, and I was born during the peak of it in 2017, right now it's 2033 and the zombies are still winning. I grew up learning how to kill without a blink of an eye. Luckily, I haven’t gotten infected. Neither has Chad, so we stick together. Our schooling is training, just in case a zombie turns up on you. Of course, I have a house and stuff. But, my dad got infected last year, and I watched my mom kill him with a chainsaw.
“Zoe!” Chad said snapping his fingers in front of my face. “You where in Lala land.” He said.
“Oh sorry.” I sighed and picked up my axe, returning it to the holster on my back.
“I was asking if you wanted to go out sometime.” Chad said.
“Uh Chad, we’re living in a zombie apocalypse. Not much time to go out when you’re killing zombie’s every 5 minutes.” I said giving him a weird look.
“Sorry, just a thought.” He said, sounding slightly irritated.
“Ok Chad..” I said. “Oh zombie.” I pointed to the slow moving mutant thing behind him.
He turned around and shot it with his MCC.
“Nice” I said, then walked down the steps to my house. 
“See you tomorrow then?” Chad asked.
“Course.” I smiled.
“Good.” He sighed then sprinted off across the street to his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment